Friday, April 22, 2011

It is easier to build a child's future than repair a man's past.(revised)

(Please click on the image to see a larger version, Thank you!)
     
     
     Here is my sequential digital art composition pressing the issue of child abuse.  This assignment was a bit of a struggle for me and I really had to rack my brain to figure out the issue I wanted to express here.  It was very difficult to find photos once I did decide on child abuse but these are the four I found.  I believe it was so difficult to make an original design about this issue because there are so many designs about it.  I tried to make my design simple yet expressive and subtle yet empowering.  This was my final result.  I worked with four separate images and added the text as well as a glow to it.  I also faded out the little girl in the first photo and desaturated the first, second, and fourth photos as well as giving them a "true" black and white to add to composition throughout the images. In the last photo I added two images together working with masks to allow them to blend together in my images batter.  The rest, I think speaks for itself.  Thanks for viewing and as always any tips or comments are appreciated. 

Also I want to note child abuse is a very serious issue and should not be taken lightly.  For more information please refer to:  www.childhelp.org


The URLs for my images are as followed

http://www.flickr.com/photos/f_mafra/2394063213/sizes/o/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fiskfisk/492917705/sizes/o/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tasteful_tn/2496535398/sizes/o/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/barnabywasson/301538814/sizes/o/in/photostream/

4 comments:

  1. I like it. Good choice of images. It hard to read the small text. I like the ghosted image of the child in the left hand image. Black and white is working for you. Jon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if I tried putting the text below each image...maybe that would work better. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this looks really good. I looks like i could see this on the side of the road soon. The ghosted child looks really good. I know this is an important issue. I know several people that were abused as children, it is a long road to normalcy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like the actual posters I have seen hanging up for this. I love that you moved the text below the photos. It is so much easier to read them now. This is such an important message and I feel that the way you delivered it was highly successful. Good job.

    ReplyDelete