Monday, April 11, 2011

Module 05: Digital Enhancements

This is my first version of my Information circus poster.  
This is my revised version.  I had originally messed with the hue and saturation of the colors and had went with a pink and pastel blue with off white accents.  It looked nice but then I decided the colors did not match what the poster was saying.  So I stuck with the red, white, and blue.  I think they look better and are nice a bold; which was what I was trying to go for.  I also canned the middle photos and enlarged the photo of the elephants chained feet.  Another thing I did was change the font to upper and lower cases rather than just the upper case.  Overall I think this version looks a lot better.  It is amazing what a fresh look and a few small tweaks can  do to a design.  It doesn't change much but it makes such a difference. 

2 comments:

  1. I like the new type. I "commented" before but I guess it did not stick. Its strange that where the title should be you have the verticle bars. I do not know it that is good as it is interesting but if it were me I would be more conservative as it is a powerful poster.
    Jon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wanted to say, I think the changes you made in composition Really simplifies it yet brings the focus on the chained elephant legs. It seems more cohesive than having the tiger and bear elements, etc. I love the red white and blue color scheme, since even though that's patriotic, it also calls to mind 'circus.'
    I love the bottom text font, but that makes the top font seem really plain to me; also the words are more readable at the bottom on the second version but I think still need to be played with to be entirely readable from a distance (since this is a poster). You should also play with layer effects to pop out the text (if you like). :)

    ReplyDelete